Monday, July 21, 2008

And now for something completely different ...

I'm tired of writing about Backtrack Oblahblah, but nothing else really comes to mind, so I've dug up some of my poetry.

My Fish is Swimming Upside Down

My fish is swimming upside down
And bumping into stuff.
He is my fav'rite goldfish
But this has gone on long enough!

I think maybe he's just tired
From swimming ev'ry day.
I let him sleep with me last night,
And hoped he'd be okay.

I think my fish went right to sleep
Though it's pretty hard to know.
Fishies never close their eyes
So when they sleep it doesn't show.

When I got up this morning
I put him in his tank.
When mommy changed my covers,
She said my pillow stank.

Now my fish is mostly floating
As he bobs from side to side.
Still he's quite a friendly goldfish
And he gives a snail a ride.

Daddy's looking at my goldfish.
He's got a funny frown.
Now he pats me on the shoulder
And he says, "Come here, sit down."

He sets me up upon his knee,
And he says it's okay to cry.
He says, "For everything their comes,
A time to say goodbye."

He tells me lots of other things
That I don't understand.
But it doesn't really matter,
Cause my my daddy held my hand.

Still at first I didn't like it
But dad knew what to do.
So when it's time to go to Heaven,
I hope someone will flush me too.

-- Capertree

No comments: